A new year always provides the opportunity to take on new challenges. Perhaps you are inspired to be more active in bringing about social change, but don’t know how. Our social media followers often ask us how they can get more involved with the Rape Survivors Justice Campaign (RSJC), so we have drafted an easy step-by-step guide:
Ways to be more politically and socially active
- The next time you are with family or friends, instead of letting conversation drift to idle chatter or celebrity gossip, discuss a particular cause that is close to your heart or that you feel strongly about.
- Stay focussed on one cause. It is fine to take up many causes, but always recognise your main cause.
- Find a political magazine, a local newspaper or an online blog and write for them on issues relating to your cause.
- Organize a group of four or five people and attend protests together.
- Talk to people that are different from you as a way to challenge stereotypes.